Press Release 2019
Ten months into establishing the club, we have grown from our humble beginning of 8 members in October 2018, to just over 50 members till date across Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Australia.
In addition, we have also been fortunate to have achieve huge milestones within the triathlon community within this short period.
Here are 6 of our most notable highlights:
1. Hosted Super League Triathlon and their pros in training rides and community engagement sessions collectively with Triathlon Singapore.
2. Led 5 nationwide community clinics for open water swimming and bike handling skills with Triathlon Singapore.
3. Established 10 partnerships with key stakeholders in the industry including global sporting brands.
4. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) engagement with our adopted charity and provision of training package and apparel sponsorship to deserving under-privileged Athletes
5. Launched our own triathlon development program lead by ITU accredited coach, Shuwen Chang, with the aspirations to be the pipeline to Singapore’s main talent development resource for the sport.
6. Secured 6 athletes out of 16 possible slots to represent Singapore at the upcoming South East Asian Games in the Philippines for triathlon and the mixed team relay events.
Looking ahead, we are still consistently working to improve safety protocols in training as we expand our squads and outreach. In the next couple of months, one of our short-term goals is to reach out to the surrounding region to grow our brand awareness and build our credibility within the sport itself.
Exciting times ahead!
President, Breakaway Triathlon Club